I draw and paint the cards to learn the meaning of them, and by doing this, I learn the cards in such a way that it’s not memorization, but it is actual learning and integration of the new knowledge. I definitely suggest researching the symbols on the card and then trying to draw it yourself! My latest endeavor was the 18th card of the Major Arcana, THE MOON. Here she is:
KNIGHT OF CUPS
NINE OF PENTACLES
An Artsy Collaboration
I joined four other artists in an ARTSY collaboration. We started in January and we each completed a part on a total of five pieces. This (third pic) is what became of my original (first pic). The second picture is of my finished original finished piece. The group had a rather intersting take on the original art. I woud have probably never imagined that a bird would be holding her in his feathery wings! It was so much fun and quite an experience. I was always afraid to add anything to the other artist’s artwork, but I SURE DID. Still, I was afraid that I would mess it up!
My part on my original piece
My finished piece
Artsy Collaboration: The finished piece
My Parts and the Final Outcomes of the Other Art Involved:
A Magical Playbook!
Hand-bound Book with Watercolor Paper
I put a selfie on the cover! 😝
Printed a SMALL DECK!
Check out my hand-bound Magical Playbook video!
I’m considering making titled-only copies of the Magical Playbook and selling them in my Etsy shop!
Speaking of my Etsy shop, you can find it here! We have the “Def NOT Banxee! Tarot” in stock now! We also have art, tarot, and assorted crystals, rocks, gems, and jewelry listed at super low prices! Check us out today! 😍
The Tarot B!!!
Pull, Pen, Paint is back for the second year (THANK GOD!). I am so excited and thrilled to announce that I have been asked to serve as a Community Guide for the year. I liked Tarot Cards before taking this class but after only one year in community with these lovely and generous people, I find I am a changed person. I am changed in too many ways to count, but I am still going to try to name a few:
- I am an official DECK COLLECTOR. I am going to be doing a weekly Tarot deck review and I am ecstatic. Yay!
- I have learned Tarot. When I say that, I mean that I have created a lot of art and pulled a lot of cards and didn’t really have to rely on books. Who doesn’t love that?
- It has been an encouragement in pressing on and learning the Tarot even further by getting certified.
- It has inspired me to teach my own classes around Tarot and other Ancient Systems because I have found so much love and beauty in it!
- It has taken my art to another level. 😊
- It has deepened my sense of who I am and strengthened my relationship with myself.
- It has given me a direction, a new way of thinking, and so much more!
- It has shown me good and bad things about myself, all of which should and MUST be taken into consideration for soul growth.
- It has made me laugh, made me cry, scared me, calmed me…
- Fact is, it has given me a reason to BLOG!!!!!!
Check out this great class hosted by Kiala Givehand! I promise you will not regret it. There are more than 20 teachers that will keep your creative juices flowing! Hit the little linky dink and don’t say I didn’t warn you! 😍